Tuesday, July 21, 2015

Holy headaches.

The next two weeks or so were pretty much hell. I started the Labetatol, and had constant headaches, day and night. I did my best to push through them, and hoped it was just an adjustment symptom. I;m not on any meds and have never been for anything chronic like this, so I figured my body just needed to get used to it. But after a week, I called my OB. My blood pressure hadn't really dropped on the meds, and the headaches were terrible. She mentioned that the hypertension could be causing the headaches, but referred me to a cardiologist just to have a second look.

So I went to the cardiologist the next day. I had an EKG done, and had 2 different people check me over. This was probably the most extensive medical encounter I've had up to this point. They ask me if I had any previous surgeries or anything.. just wisdom teeth! They said everything looked pretty good, blood pressure was a little high, but no other concerning symptoms. They switched me over to Methlydopa. THANK GOD. My headaches went away. No more ice packs on my face every day, or weird ointments on my temples.

Still checking my blood pressure at home, and it still hasn't gone down much, but I feel like the constant stress and doctors appointments might have something to do with that, yes?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I respect your views, please respect mine and others! Unkind or malicious comments will be deleted.