Sunday, July 26, 2015

And so it begins!

Trying to get pregnant wasn't a major decision for us just yet. We were just sort of like "Let's just see what happens!" It was a crazy time for it to happen, since we were in the process of selling and buying a house, and stress was everywhere. I figured it would take awhile until I was actually pregnant.

But life happens when you're making other plans, doesn't it? I took about 3 pregnancy tests, but wasn't convinced. I wanted a bit longer, took another one that yielded much more visible results. I showed Matt, and he wasn't convinced (I don't think I still was either... I should be puking all the time, right??).


I hear the "pink dye" tests are the best, guys.  (March 11, 2015)

So we made an appointment with my new doctor, two days after we moved into our new house. I expected an ultrasound with someone circling an embryo and saying "You are DEF pregnant!!" or even just some kind of test to prove it. Nope. My doctor asked "Did you take a pregnancy test?" I said yes, and she said, well then you are pregnant, lady. That's all we would do.


Still wasn't super convinced, but we started telling people anyway. Not until April 22nd, when we had our first ultrasound. I swore I would walk in and they would find nothing at all. But Matt and I went in, and there she was! There really was a freaking baby in there! It even looked like she was waving at us. It was exciting and scary. We left with our first baby pictures that day. I said goodbye to beer, sushi, wine and all the good stuff for good, and geared up to be a mom. Yikes.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I respect your views, please respect mine and others! Unkind or malicious comments will be deleted.